When you hear the birds chirping at 5:30am, even though it's below freezing outside, you know spring isn't far away. Yesterday was beautiful, today they're calling for a high of 45 and mostly cloudy. I'll take it. I just don't want any more of that "white stuff" ...we certainly had our share this year!
My silly sister is in the hospital. Nothing too serious, she just had a bad experience during a routine colonoscopy. I don't know all the details (just what her daughter texted me) but apparently she vomited and aspirated it into her lungs. They admitted her and she is on oxygen because her levels are too low, and antibiotic for the infection in her lungs. Poor thing. I know you're supposed to have a colonoscopy done regularly after age 50, but I haven't yet (I'm 52) and after this I don't plan on having one any time soon. They can't make me! So there! Anyway, hopefully they let her go home today. I have Sunday afternoon off so I'll visit her at her home then and bring her a little gift. Oh, and she had no polyps, so yay!
I bought a box of these k-cups from the reduced rack at work yesterday and it is by far the BEST coffee I have had in a while, maybe ever. Too bad it's kind of pricey. I paid $4.99 for a box of 12 ...I think it's usually $6.99 or more. I'll use them sparingly, and hope another dented box appears on the rack soon!
Work today 11-8pm. Not a bad shift. No word lately on whether or not we'll be getting a sub shop in our store, but EVERYONE knows that I want to run it. I need something "different" and I want more responsibility, so fingers crossed. I really enjoy making all the sandwiches and salads that we offer now, so it's right up my alley. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!
I think I'll head back to bed for a bit, it's still early. Have a great weekend!

Your poor sister, that must have been very frightening for her.
ReplyDeleteI hope you do get the 'sub shop' job... even though I don't quite know what that means.
A good cup of coffee here can cost you $5, so 12 for $4.99 sounds really GOOD to me, NOT that I drink coffee of course. *smiles*
A sub( short for submarine) is a sandwich a.k.a hoagie, grinder ....the shop will make "subs" and probably salads and other things that we are currently making in the deli department . It'll be considered part of the deli, but will have its own manager ( hopefully me!) Omg ...$5 for one cup of coffee?! I pay $3 (including tip) for a medium iced coffee every morning ...my one splurge!
ReplyDelete